"Chilli chicken with warm quinoa salad"
This is a great throw together meal using leftovers.
I basically steamed some greens, used leftover roast vegetables and grilled some chicken (you could use leftover meat), tossed through some Quinoa and BOOM! One delicious, tasty meal on the plate!
Jamie Oliver Chilli, garlic and rosemary chicken fillets
1 cup of tricolour Quinoa
Small Broccoli chopped into small pieces
Zucchini chopped into 1cm cubes
Roast vegetables (i used red onion, eggplant and pumpkin)
Large handful of baby spinach
1/3 cup roasted slivered almonds
1/2 cup large chunks of crumbled feta
1 small lemon (juiced)
1 TBS EVOO
1 clove crushed garlic
S + P
1. Cook quinoa as per packet instructions (be sure to give it a good rinse before cooking)
2. Steam greens (keep a little firm - don't overcook)
3. Warm up leftover roast veges in oven whilst roasting almond
4. Mix juice of lemon, EVOO, S+P and crushed garlic in separate bowl
5. Once Quinoa is cooked pour in large mixing bowl and allow to cool slightly
6. Add greens, roast veges, spinach, feta, almonds, and dressing and toss around gently with open fingers until mixed through.
7. Meanwhile BBQ or pan fry chicken fillets.
8. Divide quinoa mix into 4 and add sliced chicken on top with a squeeze of lemon.
Enjoy! It's super tasty.