"Spiced Sweet Potato Egg Bake"
I seriously never get tired of sweet potato nor eggs so to say Im loving this dish for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner is an understatement! Ditch the sugar filled breakfast cereal and fuel your body with this delicious and equally nutritious recipe from Eatdrinkpaleo.com.au...you won't regret it!
2-3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
½ large brown onion, sliced into thin wedges
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced into wedges (see pic)
½ small red pepper, sliced into strips
½ small yellow pepper, sliced into strips
1 clove garlic, diced
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 teaspoon coriander seed powder
Pinch of chilli powder (optional)
⅔ teaspoon salt
4-5 cherry tomatoes, halved
A few fresh herbs of choice or a sprinkle of dried herbs
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C / 400 F.
2. Add olive oil to a round or square baking tray or a casserole dish. Add the vegetables, garlic, spices, and salt and toss through, to coat evenly.
3. Place in the oven, middle shelf, and bake for 20 minutes.
4. Once pre-cooked, remove from the oven and separate the veggies slightly to make small spaces for the eggs. Crack the eggs and add over the top, letting them spread out evenly in the dish. Scatter the halved cherry tomatoes on top.
5. Place back in the oven for around 8 minutes, or until the whites are firm and the egg yolks are still slightly soft (or as you like).
6. Sprinkle with some fresh or dried herbs before serving.