"Chardonnay and Lemon Lamb"
For those of you that know me well, you know that I love lamb and I love Chardonnay even more!
A match made in heaven all in one dish! Check it out! Drool.....
Freshly ground pepper
1 garlic bulb
1 handful rosemary
12 baby onions peeled and halved
200 ml wooded chardonnay
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees
2. Arrange baby onions on base of large roasting try, place lamb on top. Squeeze lemons over lamb. Sprinkle S & P over and rub into lamb.
3. Slice the garlic bulb in half crossways and place an intact half in the roasting tray, remove cloves from other half and push into the crevices in the lamb.
4. Push some rosemary sticks into the crevices and place the rest on top. Pour the Chardonnay over the lamb and grate some lemon zest over and place lemon quarters in the tray. Drizzle olive oil over lamb.
5. Cover the tray with foil and place in oven for 90 mins without peaking.
6. Remove foil and place dish back in oven for a further 15-30 mins so the top of the lamb gets crispy and golden.
7. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 mins. In the meantime , pour the juices into a saucepan, set over high heat and reduce liquid. Slice and serve lamb with onion, sauce and some green vegetables along with a glass of Chardonnay!
Tip - Boneless leg cooks faster than bone in