"Baked Eggs with Spinach & Labneh"
For this weeks #fuelfriday we are sharing a fabulously nutritious and easy breakfast that you can make for you and your partner over the long weekend...or you can tag them and they might get the hint you would like it made for you 😉
The recipe is taken from the awesome Jacqueline Alwills cookbook "Seasons to Share".
1 teaspoon coconut oil, plus extra for greasing
200 g (7 oz) tinned (or fresh) roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes, halved
50 g (1 oz/1 cup firmly packed) baby spinach leaves
2 tablespoons labneh (goat’s cheese or feta cheese also work well)
4 small sprigs of dill, or other soft herb of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
2. Warm a small frying pan over a medium heat and melt the coconut oil in it. Add all of the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat.
3. Lightly grease four 250 ml (9 fl oz/1 cup) capacity ramekins with coconut oil.
4. Divide the baby spinach and sautéed tomatoes evenly between the ramekins, then crack an egg into each nest of spinach and tomatoes.
5. Place a dollop of labneh over each egg and top with a sprig of dill, then place the ramekins on a baking tray (baking sheet) and bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes.
6. Once cooked, remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Bon Appetite! Jess xxx