"Chicken Caesar Salad with Crispy Kale"
Oh my…this looks and sounds so delicious! Thanks to one of our members for sharing this Donna Hay beauty with us! I can not wait to make this meal next week 👌🏼
CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD WITH CRISPY KALE
4 x 200g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
EVOO for brushing
Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
200g shredded Brussels sprouts
2 Baby cos (romaine) lettuce (360g) trimmed and leaves separated
75g baby spinach leaves
80g pine nuts
8 stalks of kale, trimmed
2 tablespoons EVOO
25 grams finely grated parmesan
sea salt and pepper
3 egg yolks
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon Dijion mustard
60 ml EVOO
1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
1. To make the dressing, place the egg yolks, garlic and mustard in a bowl and whisk until thick and creamy. Gradually add half the oil, whisking continuously until combined.
3. Gradually add the vinegar and remaining oil, whisking to combine. Set aside.
4. To make the crispy kale, preheat oven to 150 degrees. Place the Kale, oil, parmesan, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to coat.
5. Place in a single layer on baking trays lined with non stick baking paper. Bake for 15-20 minuted or until crisp, and set aside.
6. Brush the chicken with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a chargrill pan or BBQ over high heat. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
7. Slice the chicken and place in a large bowl. Add the Brussels sprouts, lettuce, spinach and pine nuts and toss to combine.
8. Divide between serving plates and top with crispy kale and the dressing to serve.