"Set goals that make you want to jump out of bed each morning!"
When the weather cools down and we spend our days covered up in layers of clothing we become less aware of how our body is feeling as a result of not being as active and due to consuming the heavier foods we reach for in winter. Not only this but as at anytime of the year sometimes we let the little things in our life that make us happy slip by the wayside...crazy when you think about it, but it happens to all of us.
As most of you would know I love creating challenges for myself and for the next 30 days I've done exactly this so that the above things don't happen to me 🙅🏻 By focussing on creating change over a 30 day period you often find that by the end of the 30 days these changes have become positive habits and they are more likely to be sustainable...winning 🙌🏼 Much less daunting and more successful than creating "life long - to the day I die" kind of focusses 😬
I wanted to share the 8 things that I'll be focusing on over the next 30 days as it might ignite some goal setting for others so that rather than winter leaving you feeling a little soft, flat and unmotivated, you feel focussed, energised, healthy and happy 😊 I know for some it works better to have one focus each week and that's ok too, we are all different and you need to do what works for you.
Soooo here are mine:
1. Ensure I am bulking meals up with lots of beautiful vegetables accompanied with protein and healthy fats.
2. Avoid processed food, particularly those with >5g sugar per 100g.
3. Reduce alcohol (I'm committing to a minimum of 6 alcohol free nights per week).
4. 10km run each week (can be in 2 sessions).
5. 2 x 20 min mobility sessions each week.
6. Read in bed at night...not spend my last waking hours working on my laptop 💻
7. Spend at least 10 min a day undistracted with my daughter.
8. Do at least one intentional kind act for my partner every day.
I'll also be taking a simple waist measurement too because let's face it, winter can leave me a little soft around the edges so this is a good way to keep my nutrition where I want it to be 😉
That's me beauties!!
If you feel that you are in need of having some goals over the next 30 days (which let's face it who wouldn't benefit from that) comment below 👇🏼 set your intentions and tag a friend to do it with you! This is the record of your intentions and then at the end of the 30 days let us know how you went. I'd also recommend writing these out on paper and having them somewhere that you can see each day 😉
Sorry for the essay but this stuff just makes me so bloody excited!