"Indian Style BBQ lamb chops"
Seriously how good are lamb forequarter chops 😋 To me they scream summer and that is exactly what is just around the corner 🙌🏼 so this recipe from bodyandsoul.com.au is the perfect addition to your next BBQ!
8 small forequarter chops, or 4 large, trimmed
4cm piece of ginger, finely grated
80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
2 tbsp chilli jam
1 tbsp garam masala
3 tsp poppy seeds
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
½ cup roughly chopped coriander leaves
2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise, scored
Baby rocket, tomato and cucumber salad with natural yogurt and lemon wedges, to serve
1. Preheat barbecue or char grill pan to high. Place ginger, 2 tablespoons oil, jam, spices and coriander in a medium bowl; season to taste and stir to combine. Take 1 tablespoon of the marinade and place in a separate small bowl. Set aside. Add your lamb forequarter chops to the medium bowl and toss well to coat. Stand until required.
2. Add 1 tbsp of tepid water and remaining oil to the reserved marinade, season to taste and stir well to combine. Brush the cut side of the zucchini liberally with the mixture.
3. Cook lamb on the barbecue, turning and basting with marinade, for 5-6 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Cover loosely with foil and stand for 5 minutes before serving.
4. Meanwhile, place zucchini cut side down on the barbecue. Cook for 2-3 minutes,whilst turning, until charred or cooked to your liking.
5. Divide zucchini among plates and serve with lamb forequarter chops and natural yoghurt. Serve with baby rocket, tomato and cucumber salad with lemon wedges on the side.