"Cumin Roasted Cauliflower Tabouli"
There isn’t anything not to like about this Donna Hay recipe…it is incredibly delicious and 40 Day Reboot friendly, even for our vegetarian friends too!
1.5kg cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
400g can chickpeas (garbanzos), drained and rinsed
2 cups mint leaves, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
½ cup (80g) almonds, toasted, roughly chopped
¼ cup (40g) currants
¼ cup roughly chopped chives
Dressing (optional – I actually find a splash of EVOO and lemon juice is perfect):
¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). To make the dressing, place the lemon juice, mustard and oil in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
2. Place the cauliflower in a food processor, in batches, and pulse until it resembles rice. Transfer to a large bowl, add the cumin, salt, pepper and oil and mix to combine.
3. Spread the cauliflower mixture on 2 lightly greased large oven trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook, stirring halfway, for 20–25 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Place the chickpeas, mint, almond, currants, cauliflower and half the dressing in a large bowl and toss to combine.
5. Divide the salad between bowls, top with the chive and extra mint, and drizzle with the remaining dressing to serve.