"Slow cooker beef ragu"
The only thing I love about winter is slow cooked hearty meals - nothing else 🙅🏼♀️😂
I love that you can set, forget, come home to a meal that is ready to go and this is a real family pleaser 👬👭👫
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1kg beef chuck steak, cut into 4cm pieces
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
• 1 carrot, finely chopped
• 1 cup dry red wine
• 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes in juice
• 1 cup Massel beef stock
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 3 sprigs fresh thyme
• Cooked curly fettuccine, to serve (see note below)
• Grated parmesan, to serve
• Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped, to serve
• Salt, to season
🔺Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook beef, in two batches, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to the bowl of a 5.5-litre slow cooker.
🔺Add remaining oil to pan. Add onion, celery and carrot. Cook for 3 minutes or until just tender.
🔺Add wine, tomatoes with liquid from cans, stock, paste and thyme to pan. Bring to the boil. Carefully pour over beef. Stir to combine. Cover with lid.
🔺Cook on low for 6 hours (or on high for 4 hours) or until beef is very tender. Stir with a wooden spoon to roughly shred beef. Toss ragu through fettuccine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with parmesan and parsley.
🔺🔺Note - I often substitute the fettuccine with Zucchini ribbons done with a peeler thin. No need to cook prior to as it cooks when tossed with the Ragu)
🙌 This recipe comes to you from Taste.com