Lately I’ve been gravitating to any which way of getting more anti-inflammatory goodness (hence all my recipes containing turmeric #sorrynotsorry 🙈). This week, call me Turmeric crazy but I’m sharing a turmeric shot recipe that I’ve been having on the daily! This is kinda like my “hard core liquor” 😝 being much stronger than my other turmeric drink options it really packs a punch 🙌🏼
Check out the elements that makes this one of my drinks of choice at the mo...
1. Turmeric - has crazy arse antioxidants and anti-Inflammatory properties.
2. Ginger - ditto
3. Apple Cider Vinegar - all of the above + it kills bad bacteria 🦠
4. Pepper - helps boost the absorption of turmeric by 2000% percent...what the actual hell 🙌🏼
5. Lemon & Orange (optional) - Naturally detoxifying and has loads of Vit C which as we know is Immune Boosting...who doesn’t want that right now 🙋🏻♀️
This below recipe will make about 14 cups of drink making it enough for 1 week if you follow what I have been doing and have one first thing in the morning and one last thing at night.
NB - At bedtime have it after you brush your teeth and swish it around your mouth for good oral hygiene and to help whiten your teeth...yep crazy huh...how can something that stains my hands yellow actually whiten my teeth 🤷🏻♀️ but it really does 🦷
1. Peel 1 thumb fresh Turmeric + 1 thumb fresh ginger + 1/2 tsp black pepper and place in blender with two cups of water. Make sure you wear gloves when doing the turmeric - re use the same gloves numerous times and the planet will thank you for it 🌏🙏🏼
2. Blend for 15 seconds.
3. Pour into two large jars with an additional cup of water in each one.
4. Allow to sit for at least 6 hours then strain through a sieve getting rid of the access left in the sieve. Store in jars in the fridge for up to a week.
5. In the morning and at night pour about 1/4 cup into a mug with ACV, squeeze of 1/4 Lemon + 1/4 orange (optional). If you want to make it warm (which I’ve been doing as it’s been so cold) I also add in 1/4 cup of boiling water.
I’ll pop pics in the comments so you can see exactly what I’m talkin’ bout 😉
Bottoms up y’all ✌🏼